#MomsMatter Challenge - Circuit #2!
Today's video will introduce you to the second circuit workout for the week. You will perform a new 7 movement interval style workout that will build off the challenging core exercises from Day 1!
- Bent-knee Fallouts - Inhale a deep belly breath; on exhale engage TA and hold. Allow one leg to slowly fall out to the side only as far as you are able without losing trunk stability. Then return and repeat on other side.
- Bridges with Hip Swing - Inhale a deep belly breath while hips are on floor; on exhale engage TA and lift hips high, squeezing glutes at the top, hold at the highest point, then slowly rotate hips from side to side while keeping TA and glutes engaged.
- TA March/Toe Taps from 90 Zone - Inhale a deep belly breath; on exhale engage TA and hold activation through movement. Lift both feet off the floor and hold in the air at a 90 degree angle with calves parallel to the floor. Slowly lower one foot to the floor, tap toe then return and switch feet. Continue marching
- Squat to Pelvic Tilt - Inhale a deep belly breath; on exhale engage and maintain TA activation throughout. On inhale lower down bringing thighs parallel to floor. On exhale press up through heels, and squeeze glutes, at top perform a pelvic tilt by lifting pelvic floor (draw hip bones up towards lower ribs, do not squeeze glutes to thrust hips forward). Repeat
- Tricep Dips to Tabletops - From sitting, bend your elbows and lower back into a triceps dip. Inhale a deep belly breath; on exhale engage TA, press palms into the floor, straightening your elbows and lifting your hips so that your knees are bent 90 degrees and your torso, hips, and thighs are parallel to the floor. On an inhale, lower your hips back down and bend your elbows moving back into a triceps dip. Repeat
- Stationary Lunge to Extensions - Inhale a deep belly breath; on exhale engage and maintain TA activation throughout. Squeeze glutes on up motion. Keep spine long and chest high. At the top of the lunge lift your rear leg up in the air behind you squeezing that glute, then lower your foot to the floor back into another lunge. Repeat on 2nd side
- Modified (Knee) Push-ups - From hands and knees on the floor, inhale a deep belly breath; on exhale engage TA, lowering your hips to make a straight line from the back of your shoulders to your knees. With hands directly below shoulders, bend at the elbows slowly lowering your chest to the floor on an inhale, and pressing back up on exhale. Maintain core engagement, keeping belly pulled up.
Video Time: 1:33
In this video I demonstrate the movements for the Day 3 Workout. You will be doing a circuit of 7 exercises, performed consecutively, each for 30 seconds of work followed by 30 seconds of rest. After completing a circuit of the 7 exercises you will actively rest (march or jog in place) for 1-2 minutes depending on your level, before beginning the circuit again. Complete 4 rounds of the circuit for the full workout!
Warm-up: 5 minutes jogging in place
Work/Rest: 30/30 seconds
Rest between Rds: 1-2 minutes active
Cool Down: 5-10 minutes stretching